Sunday, December 31, 2017

All she left behind



Jane Kirkpatrick is another one of my favourite authors, I love historical fiction and reading about strong women, so I know when I’ve got a book of hers in front of me, that I’m in for a treat! In “all she left behind” we get to meet Jennie, a young woman who struggles to provide a life for herself and her son after being left behind by  her husband. With a knack for knowing what herbs will help people, Jennie finds herself  as a nurse for an older family’s failing wife/mother. As she steps into this roll she awakens a desire to become a doctor, yet has insurmountable difficulties to overcome.
In so many ways, I love this book! Not only does Jane Kirkpatrick give us a strong womanly character, but she also provides us a character who has to face struggles that are so familiar to today’s women, I love it!!
I would absolutely recommend this book, it’s made its place to my “favourite” section on my bookcase and will be very well loved for years!!




"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."

No comments: