Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blue Moon Bay

Blue Moon Bay, Lisa Wingate, 978-0-7642-0822-5

To be perfectly honest, this was a book that initially I struggled to get into. While it was well written, the progress of the book seemed a bit slower than what I usually read. However I was very glad when I continued on and eventually finished the book. While it wasn't an edge of your seat type book it was in its own way a fantastic book. This is the second book by Lisa Wingate that I've read and she keeps to her authentic relaxed style that (at least I) have come to know (her books) by.
The main character Heather Hampton is an architect in the city and is looking at a rather large project that would "benefit" the entire community of Moses lake. However ones she arrives there she finds that she's facing some extreme opposition to the proposed project and struggles to understand why the small town doesn't want outside "help" that would encourage growth.
This was a wonderful read and I would highly recommend it!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group
".  

No comments: