Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Miracle in a Dry Season

Miracle in a Dry Season cover

This is one of my favorite books that I've had the pleasure of reading, at the start of the book, I was sure that I wasn't going to like it! I didn't like the attitude of the main character Casewell Phillips, he really rubbed me the wrong way with his judgments and words! However as the book went on, you could see how God was working in his life and teaching him about forgiveness, love, mercy, and grace.
Perla Long arrives in town to visit with her Aunt and Uncle in order to get away from problems in her own home town. As a drought hits the town however, Perla's giftings from God become more noticable, and the town doesn't know how to handle or understand it. She's faced with judgements and struggles within the town and Casewell is faced with his own faith as he works to understand this woman God has placed in his path.
This book was excellent, I absolutely loved it! Its one of those books that will go straight to the top of my book shelf to be read over and over again!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments: