Friday, November 29, 2013

Christmas at Harmony Hill

Cover Art

I adore Ann Gabhart's books, I've read a number of her Shaker themed books and have loved them all, so I was more than pleased to see this title in my pile of books! Gabhart has a writing style that really seems to draw me in, I feel like I was a personal witness to all the going-on's of the character's lives. Plus I love that she ventured into the Shaker fiction, its not a branch that is as popular as others (Such as Amish fiction), but she's really opened up a curiosity in my (and others I'm sure) to learn more about these people and their beliefs!
With her latest book we're introduced to Heather, who is without a place to turn, and at the recommendation of her mother looks to the Shakers for help. With her husband on the front lines of the war, and being pregnant, Heather is desperate to find somewhere to help her and this new life growing in her.
Like all Ann Gabhart's books, this one was a beautiful story, it was well written and easy to get lost in.
I highly recommend it!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: