Monday, October 06, 2014

Tried & True

Cover Art
I did enjoy this book, it was very cleverly written, and I generally do enjoy reading books by Mary Connealy. I do have to say however while I appreciated the strong female characters, I was really frustrated with the men in the story and their view of women as weak.  That however would literally be the only complaint I have about this book. I enjoyed the rest of the story immensely, and always do look forward to reading books by Connealy!
In this series, we meet the Wilde family, three girls who are all pretending to be men in order to claim ownership of their ranches in a shorter time frame.  The story focuses a lot more around Kylie Wilde, and the claim she has on her own little piece of land.  Having gained (quite by accident) a prime piece of land that is valuable to some local ranchers, Kylie finds herself at the center of a fight to run her off her land. When the land agent Aaron learns of her true identity, he becomes torn between trying to protect her while remaining honest and loyal to his job.
All in all, I would recommend the book, the complaints I had about it were pretty minor compared to the rest of the story!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments: