Thursday, April 16, 2015

Anna's Crossing

Cover Art

This is the kind of book that is straight up my alley! One of my favorite genres is Amish, and I love anything that give a historical context to the story. So this one filled every check on my list for a great book! (Plus I've read a great deal of Suzanne Woods Fisher's books, and adore them!)
With this book we meet Anna, who is crossing the ocean with many others from her small Amish congregation that are seeking to avoid persecution and instead find a peaceful place to practice their faith. Anna isn't keen to leave, but being the only one who can speak english in her group she is compelled to travel with the others to offer her help. While she's there she meets Bairn, a young man who works for the ship she is travelling on and who takes a sudden interest (and kindness) towards Anna and her group.
All in all, this story was fantastic, it was a relaxing and pleasant read, it kept my attention till the very end of the book and is one I plan on reading many times before passing it on!
I would highly recommend it!!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.



No comments: