Monday, November 30, 2015

Forgiven

Cover Art

While I've heard the story behind the book before, I hadn't realized how truly deep the story went, and how amazing this story of forgiveness, grace and love is.
I can't imagine being the parent of a child who commits such a crime, its not something that is really thought or talked about in society. So none of us seem to really put ourselves in their shoes or consider them at all (unless its to judge). This book made my heart swell, what a sweet example of unconditional love that the Amish families showed to someone who the world would turn away. I love that the families of the tragedy took the road of love instead of hate, and that they not only offered forgiveness for such an unspeakable act, but reached out in love and offered hope the shooter's mother. This book was such a teaching moment for me, to look back on my past hurts and see where I could have given grace, and its an encouragement to me now to reach out to even those who have caused the most pain.
I'll be purchasing a copy of this book for our church library and recommending it to everyone!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 

No comments: