Thursday, March 31, 2016

One Dress. One Year.

One Dress. One Year.

I love seeing the youth of today getting actively involved in bettering our society and focusing on helping those who are oppressed and held down. I so appreciated reading this book and seeing the passion of Bethany Winz to make a real change in the lives of those trapped in slavery. I also loved that one simple concept, one idea could make such a huge impact not only in her own life but in those around here. That God uses the ordinary to do extraordinary things, and how making a stand in her own life to bring attention to this atrocity began an unexpected transformation in herself to understand the depth of love and forgiveness found in the Savior.
I don't have a daughter, but I will be encouraging my son to read this book, he's fourteen and I would love for him to see and understand that any act, no matter how small the beginning, can have such deep and extraordinary impacts not only on ourselves, but in the world!
I plan on recommending this book to our Youth group, and to anyone else out there who desires to see and begin to understand how much God can do when you're willing to let Him lead you!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-MartinCommunications, Inc."

No comments: