Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Hidden Flame

I love Janette Oke books, I used to (before i read them) think that they would be super corny and mushy romantic stories. I've recently discovered that she is a fantastic writer, and one of my favourites now!
I truly loved the book "The Hidden Flame" by Davis Bunn and Janette Oke,  I was weary about being able to understand it after i found out it was a second book in a series. However, even without reading the first book, i LOVED the second in the series. This book really gave a new perspective on Biblical events, ones that we hadn't considered before. I love that they included actual people from the Bible like Ananias and Sapphira, (and writing the story based on the truth of what actually happened) plus Stephen (Who i hadn't really gave much consideration to until now, this book gave me a new appreciation for what he did for the Gospel!).
This is one book that I think is a must for anyone into Biblical based fiction, not only is it very well written and entertaining, its also insightful. I know that this will not be the last time i read this book!

"available now at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group."

No comments: