Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Seeker

I love books that not only entertain me and hold my interest, but also teach me something. So it goes without saying that I very much enjoyed reading "The Seeker"
I loved learning a bit about the Shaker culture, I've heard often of it and knew only bits and pieces of what they believe. So i really did like finding more out about their lifestyles and beliefs!
The story focuses mainly on Charlotte Vance and the plans she has for her future, and the future of those around her. When her plans start falling apart, and she faces loosing the only home she's known she decides to take some drastic steps to hold on to them!
I really liked how we were able to see the main character Charlotte grow in her beliefs and faith throughout the book, and I very much enjoyed the different characters and how they effected, or encouraged (or even discouraged) her walk with God.
This is one book that I would definitely recommend this book to everyone!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: