Sunday, February 27, 2011

Promises to keep

Promises to Keep, Ann Tatlock, 978-0-7642-0809-6


First off, this is hands down one of my favorite books that I've had the pleasure of reading. It is heartfelt, heart wrenching and heartwarming all at the same time! So many times through the book I was nearly brought to tears by the emotions shown in the characters. I loved the character Tillie and her eccentric ways, how outright honest she was and straightforward. I also loved her courage and sacrificial love that she had for the other characters in the book. The story focuses mainly around Roz Anthony and her mom and brother moving away from an abusive father. It shows the struggles she (Roz) went through and the scariness of living in an abusive home. When Roz promises to keep a secret she doesn't realize the effect it can have and the danger it will present to the rest of her family.
This book is fantastic, honestly, I couldn't put it down till I finished the entire book.
I really do recommend this book to anyone and everyone!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: