Thursday, June 30, 2011

A great catch

Great Catch, A, Lorna Seilstad, 978-0-8007-3446-6


To be a bit  honest here, I was expecting the story to be a bit too cutesy and quirky for my tastes (I'm not too into the whole "Corny" feel many romance stories have). Thankfully I've re-learned that lesson to not judge a book by its cover! This turned out to be a fantastic story! And while it did have it's moments of romance (And really, it was a historical romance, so I guess it had to have been in there, lol) it was actually very intriguing and though provoking!
The story focuses around Emily Graham, she's not only in the midst of the suffragist movement, she's leading her own little local pack! As she struggles to prove that women deserve the same rights as men, she also is dealing with some meddlesome family members, and to top that all off she meets a local ball player and finds herself in a whirlwind of romance vs. obligations!
The story was cute, but it also had a lot of "bones" to it, so I very much enjoyed this one!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell

No comments: