Sunday, July 31, 2011

Falls like lightning

Falls Like Lightning, Shawn Grady, 978-0-7642-0597-2
I Loved this book! My favorite kinds of books are the Christian suspense/ mystery type books, so I was super excited when I saw this book up for review!
The book was very well written, it was quite fast paced and kept momentum throughout the story! I think the only small complaint I could have (and it's a very small one) was the moments of seemingly unrealistic solutions to their problems. 
The book is mostly focusing around a smokejumper named Silas and his pilot (and ex girlfriend) named Elle. When facing a very large fire with few resources Silas and Elle are forced to work together, after the engines blow, Silas and Elle are both struggling to survive and find that the crash was not the biggest danger they'd be facing!
I enjoyed this book, it was a noticeably Christian book, without a preachy feel, which makes me really comfortable to recommend it to non-believers. I highly recommend!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group". 
 

No comments: