Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Emancipation of Robert Sadler

Emancipation of Robert Sadler, The, updated ed., Marie Chapian and Robert Sadler, 978-0-7642-0940-6

To be honest, and to my shame I have to admit that before reading this book I just didn't quite believe that the story would be what it claimed. (you don't read in the history books about slavery sticking around even after it was abolished) So I started this book slightly weary about what I was reading. However that quickly changed after the first few chapters. In particular, what changed my mind was the author (co-author?) (Sadler) being willing to share his faults throughout the book. He didn't seem to claim to be bigger than life, and more than once shared where he either slipped up or fell into outright sin. The book was sad, encouraging, thought provoking, and faith filled. This book really taught me a number of lessons in my own walk with Christ, the faith that Robert Sadler showed in this book, to completely and wholly depend on God for his every need it encouraged me to learn to be like that as well.
I'm going to be recommending this book to anyone who could use a lesson or encouragement!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group
". 

No comments: