Friday, June 29, 2012

Short-Straw Bride

Short-Straw Bride, Karen Witemeyer, 978-0-7642-0965-9

You know, when I first started reading this book I had thought it was going to be one of those "Man comes along to rescue the helpless female from herself"... type of books, and was not prepared to enjoy it! Surprisingly though, this book turned out to be completely opposite, the lead female was a strong, opinionated and determined woman who didn't depend upon the lead male character "save her". I love books that allow women to be shown as more than a simpering silly girl! So I absolutely adored this book, it was well written, the characters were nicely developed and had such great personalities that you couldn't help but like them! While the book was obviously a Christian book, it wasn't overtly preachy but still held a strong Christian message which I really appreciated. These are the type of books I'll recommend to my unsaved friends, something that can get them into The Word a bit, but without them feeling forced fed it!
I very much recommend this book!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
  

No comments: