Monday, June 18, 2012

Love does




"You don’t need another Christian message or a self-help book. You need to have your paradigms about the world shifted into truth" I love the description of this book, it so nicely and fully explains in one sentence what this book is about!
I think the thing I loved the most about "Love does" was how Bob Goff would pair of these real life stories with the lessons he's learned. So we were able to catch a glimpse of how the lesson's he gives are applicable to our lives and our walk. I find it so much easier to understand and remember a lesson when I can see a way to apply it to my life when reading it. 
Also I really appreciate that the author was willing to go where many authors are not, and to just come right out and tell his readers to  "leave all of the comparisons and all of the trappings and all of the pretending of religion".... "for me, it's Jesus plus nothing"
Out of everything that Goff said, that is what has stuck with me the most, that we need to leave behind the pretending, and just have Jesus. Its such a simple concept but one that is sorely lacking in many Christians today!
In all, I do highly recommend this book, its quite challenging, but its got enough "entertainment" (For lack of a better word) that you won't find yourself loosing attention. 

"Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Thomas Nelson
".  

No comments: