Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Long Awakening

Cover Art

This was a hard book to read, and while it is well worth it, it is also very emotional. As a parent I can't imagine the journey Lindsey had to go through while in the coma and the struggle to regain her old life after it! And as a spouse I can't even begin to fathom the difficulties her husband lived through while seeing his wife in that hospital bed. I loved the book, I could hardly put it down. And while I can't claim to love the story of what happened to Lindsey (Who could love that someone's health could take that turn!) I love her faith through it. And I love her openness and honesty during her struggles as well. I dislike books that try to paint the author as a hero in their faith. I want realness, I want to know how they struggled and how they got through it. And this book provides that! Honestly, I'll be making  a recommendation to our church library to get this book, I think it'll help a great deal of people in their own struggles.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: