Saturday, February 01, 2014

All Things Hidden

Cover Art

I absolutely loved this book, my favorite kind of genre is of almost a frontier type book. Where people struggle and overcome rough conditions. I especially like to read books that have a realistic and strong woman as a main character.
This book covered all those! Through the book we can see Gwyn (Daughter of the Alaskan doctor in their small village) show a quiet strength and strong faith even when faced with pain, fear, and struggles. One thing I loved in this book was that the main character Gwyn did have the "bad" things in life happen to her, not everything at the end of the book resolved itself in a happy way. However her faith was unwavering, even in the middle of the trials. I appreciate that the authors kept the book a little more authentic and realistic by allowing the story to not have a complete "story book" type ending. I think that the ending was the perfect ending for this book, and I very much hope to see more books (maybe a series?!?) come out of this Alaskan story!
I highly recommend this book, truly one of the best ones I've read in a long time!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: