Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Stolen

Stolen by Katariina Rosenblatt PhD
I have to say, I really do love reading of people who overcome horrific situations within their lives, the strength it takes to move past, and to even speak out about it is inspiring!
We read so much about sex trafficking in other less "developed" countries, but never stop to consider how much of it is happening on our grounds. It really opened my eyes to see how much truly happens that we either don't notice, or continue to turn a blind eye to.
Katariina's story really inspired and impressed me, especially seeing how she kept moving forward after her escape, and to see how she didn't let that stand in the way of developing the life and education she did that contributes to the work she does now with freeing others from the same trap.
I think a book like this should be required reading in our schools and highly recommended in our churches. People need to have their eyes opened and become informed about what is happening in our communities and how we can play a roll to prevent it.
I highly recommend this book!

No comments: