Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Distant Melody

I'm beginning to really love these historical romances especially when they're based in the 1940's era. Out of all the books i've read recently, this has to be one of my favorites! "A Distant melody" by Sarah Sundin is about the lives of two  characters, Allie and Walt. Both characters share the bond of having other's tell them they're not attractive enough, and both deal with issues that come out of that. As Walt goes off to war they begin to correspond and learn more about each other, and a love blossoms between them, but its threatened by secrets and expectations.
Sundin does a fantastic job of creating realistic and memorable characters, who are very relatable and down to earth. I love that these characters also were created with flaws, and real problems. It was easy to sympathize with both characters and  relate to their experiences and problems. The book also provides a great message of love and forgiveness that i really appreciate. All in all, I loved this book and will be recommending it to many people. It is well worth the read!

Along with that, I have an extra copy of the book so I'm holding a give-away for it! All you have to do is leave a comment with your email in it (so i can contact you!) I'll be doing a random draw to pick the winner.

The contest ends on Tuesday the 23rd of March, and I'll announce the winner the following day (March 24th) Good luck!

4 comments:

PWIOWA said...

A war story. Mmmm...I can already sense the love in what you've written and you're not even the writer! Looks like I'll have to go buy the book even if I don't win this one... :D

Sarah Varland said...

Wow, this sounds good! Good review too. =)

Sarah Sundin said...

Thank you so much for your lovely review, Tracy! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story! Leave me out of the giveaway :)

Tracy! said...

Sarah kate, Congratulations, I threw the names of the commentors in a hat and pulled yours! I'm not sure how to go about contacting you, so if you could post your email address so i can get your info on where to send the book that'd be fantastic!!
(I've got all my comments on moderation, so if you post your address, i'll save it in my email and then i just won't approve the post to be public, so you have no worries about it being out there!)