Friday, March 12, 2010

Sons of Thunder

This is one of those books that I will be reading over and over again, the flow to the story was great, and it kept my attention throughout the entire story. I love these historical fiction books, especially the ones set in the WW2 era.  The story focuses around Sofia Frangos and the two men who care for her, and through many misshaps and bad decisions she comes to realize the love of a good man, but also the love of a Great God. Susan May Warren wrote a fantastic story, this book kept my attention, even after putting the book down. lol. When i wasn't reading the book, i was thinking about what had gone on, and wondering what was happening next. I very much enjoyed this story and all the different twists and turns in it.
I love too that the charaters she created were quite human, they made real mistakes (it seems most Christian novels have their character's problems as corny, silly problems that don't reflect real life situations, this book was NOT like that!) and experienced Real grace.
I would definately recommend this book for anyone looking to find a great story about love and redemption.

No comments: