Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Search

I was beyond excited to read this book, having read the previous two in this series I have been waiting like crazy to get a chance to read this one too!! I love Suzanne Woods Fisher's books, I love Amish books period, but her books seem to have an extra something special in them!
At first I kind of found myself disliking a bit the grandmother (Bertha) and the direction of the story, however as it (the story) progressed I found myself enthralled. When I got to the point where I understood Bertha's motivations, I found that I actually really began to like that character! What I loved (and found to be unique especially among Amish fiction) was the strong woman that she (Bertha) portrayed. I loved her strength of character and her stubbornness.
Also, I love reading the books and spotting the names of the characters in the previous stories, it's almost like hearing about old friends! This entire series was absolutely amazing, there isn't one thing in any of them that I would change! I highly HIGHLY recommend this book, whether you like Amish fiction or not, you will Love this book!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: