Thursday, March 31, 2011

Angel Sister

My, what a heart wrenching story! This is the second time I've read a book by this author, and I know she's made her way to the top of my list. This story was beautiful, even with all the anger and tragedy surrounding it. There were points in the story where I found myself laughing along with the characters, and at other times, I would be reading it with a tear in my eye. The story presents itself in a way that you being to associate with the characters and then beginning to sympathize with them.  This is one of those books where I will continually be reading and re-reading it. The main story line is of Kate Merritt, who is forced to grow up too fast while she strives to keep peace in her family and to keep them together. When she encounters a small girl abandoned on the church steps Kate takes it upon herself to provide for and protect this small child. We experience with her the joys she has, and the sorrow she faces as the adults in her life seem to work at tearing apart the small sense of family she has.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: