Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Pursuit of Lucy Banning

Pursuit of Lucy Banning, The, Olivia Newport, 978-0-8007-2038-4

I'll admit when I saw the title I thought this would just be a run of the mill typical romance story of a woman faced with the old fashioned dilemma of deciding who to marry. I'm so glad that I was completely wrong! I love books that have strong female lead characters (so many fictional historical books tend to leave them out!) that don't conform to the standards of the day, but choose to step out into their calling in spite of what people might thing. This book fit right into that, the main Character Lucy was kind and humble, but also had a back bone and was unwilling to sit back and have her life dictated to her! Lucy struggles to keep hidden her "Secret life" from her family and future husband, while at the same time desiring to break free from the mold that others are trying to force upon her.
This book was quite well written and very enjoyable, I'd highly recommend it to any fiction-lovers out there!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: