Thursday, May 31, 2012

Submerged

Submerged, Dani Pettrey, 978-0-7642-0982-6

Now this is the kind of book that I love to read, full of suspense and strong characters that have distinct personalities and are easy to like! I loved this book, it was really fast paced, I was actually up till about 2am trying to get to the end of the book, since I knew I wouldn't be sleeping till I found out the ending, lol. Its one of those books that once you start reading it you struggle to set it down!
The story centers around Bailey who grew up in Yancey Alaska and made a rather bad name for herself when she was there. After striking out on her own, she came into a relationship with Christ and cleaned up her act, hoping to never step foot into Yancey again! However when some unforeseen events happen Bailey is forced to face her past, and confront some ghosts as she comes to the knowledge of Christ's changing power, and that she is a new creation. Aside from that she's also faced with some big mysteries and some harrowing events that leave the reader eager to read more! This writer reminds me a lot of Randy Singer (who happens to be one of my favorite authors!) and the suspense mixed in with romance type writing style. I will definitely be seeking out books by this author!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: