Sunday, September 30, 2012

Love's reckoning

Love's Reckoning, Laura Frantz, 978-0-8007-2041-4

I adored this book, it took me through a wide range of emotions while reading the story. We read about Eden, who struggles to help keep their family's household running, even when it seems like members of her own family are against her. When a new apprentice blacksmith arrives to work under her father, he cooks up a plan to try and force him into staying on indefinitely. Eden then struggles with the choice of disobeying her father or following her heart and the Lord's guidance.
This book just kept flowing straight till the end, it was one of those books that's horribly hard to put down once you pick it up!
I really loved the historical aspects of the book (I love historical fiction!) and reading about the lifestyles of the people of the time. I found the book highly believable and very entertaining. The book contained and presented well God's love, but held itself back from being overtly preachy. So I would be more than comfortable with sharing this with my non-Christian friends.
Highly recommend!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".


No comments: