Tuesday, September 04, 2012

To love and Cherish

To Love and Cherish, Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller, 978-0-7642-0887-4

I love it when we have the opportunity to review books that are part of a series, and this one happens to be written by some of my favorite authors!
I loved the first book in the Bridal veil Island series, so I had high expectations for this one, and I wasn't disappointed at all! The book kept me turning from page one, and kept me guessing straight till the very end. The main characters in this book are Melinda and Evan, who met on Bridal Veil Island where Melinda acts as a lady's maid for a very wealthy woman. They've been close for years and have fallen in love with one another, yet Evan keeps holding off on asking Melinda for her hand until he has a more secure job.
When a severe storm hits the Island and cuts off communication, Melinda becomes anxious and decides to travel to the island to check on Evan. While there new opportunities arise and she becomes thrust into island life, and all it entails!
I really enjoyed this book, holding true to their writing form, Peterson and Miller put out a book that is both entertaining and thoughtful. Their characters show a depth and maturity that not many books portray.
I highly recommend this book!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
  

No comments: