Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Journey to Heaven

My Journey to Heaven, Marvin J. Besteman and Lorilee Craker, 978-0-8007-2122-0

I struggle with these types of books, with the Bible mentioning so little on what Heaven is completely like, I have a hard time finding it believable/reliable to trust that what the person experienced is truly 100% legit.
I didn't find a lot scripturally wrong with this book (but like I said, there isn't much written on what Heaven is like or fully looks like) So I'm inclined to give at the very least a consideration to what the author has written about. I did enjoy the book, and it gave me pause to think of what Heaven may be like, but more so (and what I really did appreciate about it) was that it caused me to look even deeper into the scriptures. In an effort to make sure what I was reading lined up with the Bible, I found myself learning more about God's word and developing more a passion for it too. So on that level I really did enjoy this book.
I do think I would recommend it, I would just caution the reader to make sure they know the Scriptures and test everything they read against them, just so you're not caught up in the story without knowing if the Bible speaks (or doesn't speak) on that subject.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: