Thursday, November 01, 2012

A home in Drayton Valley

Home in Drayton Valley, A, Kim Vogel Sawyer, 978-0-7642-0788-4

I love Kim Vogel Sawyer's books, I'm a huge fan of historical fiction and find her books to be thought provoking and challenging! In "A home in Drayton Valley" Tessie Raines finds herself in a situation she didn't expect to be in, with the challenge of raising children that are not her own, and a husband who is anything but, Tessie struggles to overcome the struggles of each day. As she reaches out to members of the community for friendship, she also struggles to overcome the racist attitudes of that time.
The book was full of suspense and drama, there were plenty of twists and turns that kept my attention throughout the entire book.
In the beginning of the book I very much disliked the character Joss (Tessies sudden husband) I didn't think that by the end of the novel that I'd find myself cheering for him!
This was a great book and I highly recommend it!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
  

No comments: