Thursday, August 01, 2013

Trouble in store

Cover Art

I had a chance to read another book by Carol Cox not too long ago, and very much enjoyed it, so I was really looking forward to reading this latest book of hers!
I have to say, that I think this one was even better than the last! I've mentioned in a number of reviews that I very much enjoy books with a strong female lead, so for the most part I very much enjoyed reading this book! I think the only parts where I didn't fully love the book were when the character had to neumerous times be rescued by the men (man) in her life. I would have loved to have seen the character be a little more independent.
 Melanie, after being let go from her previous employer, heads out west to her last resort, her portion of the store she inherited from her uncle. She's faced with the surly current owner who doesn't believe nor want, her to have any ownership in his store. As both face strong opposition within the town, they also struggle to undercover the mystery that seems to surround both the store and their late uncles.
I  enjoyed this book very much and would  highly recommend it to any reader who enjoys Christian fiction!


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".



No comments: