Monday, March 31, 2014

Love Comes Calling

Cover Art
I'm a big fan of Siri Mitchell's books, I love her writing style and the flow her stories seems to have! That said, at first I did not like this book at all! I thought it was flighty and the character was ditzy, it wasn't until half way through the book that I began to pick upon the "reason" for her flightiness. Once I caught on, the behaviors and style of the book made a lot more sense! I do have to say though, with the flighty character I did find it hard at times to follow along and keep up with the story line.
However, true to her style, Siri Mitchell wrote a well thought out and heartwarming story, that had elements of danger and surprise throughout it. In spite of the difficulties I had, I still very much enjoyed this book, and I think others will catch on earlier to what I had missed!
In "Love Comes Calling" we read about Ellis, who no matter what she tries, always ends up messing up! As she works hard to do a favor for a friend, Ellis finds herself caught up in a plot against someone she cares about. She works hard to sort out clues and understand what they're trying to tell her!
In all, I really do think people will enjoy this book, I think the issues I had with it were simply my fault, for not paying attention hard enough, or not having an open enough mind. Siri's style of writing seems a bit different to me in this book, I think I'm just too used to her other books!
I would recommend this book, I think people will enjoy the story!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group"


No comments: