Friday, June 25, 2010

The Homecoming

I can't even begin to tell how excited i was to find out we were reviewing a copy of the book "The Homecoming" after I learned  that it was the sequel to Dan Walsh's book "The unfinished gift"! These are those kind of books you read a dozen times, the story is so heartwarming and full of hope. I thoroughly enjoyed "The Homecoming", the characters and scenes (especially war scenes) in the book really tugged at the heart strings. By the end of the book I was thoroughly hooked on this story, the characters were quite likable and believable.
I very much liked the character Katherine Townsend and was thrilled to see how big of a roll she played in this sequel. I thought the book had a strong Christian message, but it didn't come across as really preachy, which i appreciate.
I very much recommend both of the books by Dan Walsh, (The unfinished gift, and The homecoming) They are a fantastic and heartwarming read!!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc. Available now at your favorite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing group.

No comments: