Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Messenger

Messenger, The, Siri Mitchell, 978-0-7642-0796-9

As I've mentioned many times on this blog, I live historical stories, and I especially love it when they try to hold true to historical events. So I absolutely feel in love with this book. Like all of Siri Mitchell's books, it was really well written, the characters were very believable and the flow of the book was great.  The book had a lot of elements to it, there was romance for those who like it, (and it wasn't romance of a corny variety, but much more thoughtful, which I appreciate), plus suspense, danger, and adventure throughout the book. I've come to expect a lot from this author and have yet to be disappointed, she is one of my favorite authors and I keep a look out when at the book stores to pick up any new ones from her!
The book is about the main character Hannah, who is a follower (along with her family) of the Quaker faith. When circumstances of the day put Hannah in a difficult place she must choose between following her faith or doing what she thinks is right. When she begins to develop feelings for the man she's working with, it further complicates the situation.
I really enjoyed this book, and would highly recommend it!!


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group
".  

No comments: