Friday, December 24, 2010

The Power of Persistent Prayer: Praying with Greater Purpose and Passion

What an absolutely fantastic book! I've heard so much about Cindy Jacobs but hadn't really had much of a chance to read any of her books. So I was really excited when I saw that one of her books were up for review!
I really enjoyed reading this book, I found that alot of what she wrote about was although simple (Especially the first chapter) but at the same time quite deep and something I really needed to read! Her first Chapter "Why to pray" was something that we as Christians should already know, but it was so great to be reminded and see some of that through new eyes!
I really found that Jacobs got right to the heart of not only why to pray, how to pray with purpose, but also I found she really helped deepen my prayer life. Even though I've been a Christian for a long time, I found I was learning a lot, especially when it came to fasting and warfare. There are so many things as Christians that we tend to sometimes over look or take for granted, and Jacobs not only brought them back into light, but also challenged me to have a deeper understand (Which also deepened my relationship with Christ and my prayer life).
I Highly recommend this book, I think its something that Everyone should read!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: