Friday, December 24, 2010

Within My Heart

I generally don't starting a book in a series before I read the first book, I sometimes have a hard time understanding the characters and can feel the lack of a back story. This book was quite different though, although I hadn't read the previous two books in the series I really didn't fee like I was missing out on important information, or coming in to the middle of the story! Honestly I think this book would easily stand on its own, and doesn't really feel like its a series book! (and now I have to look of the rest of the books in the series, this one was so good that I can't wait to read the rest!)
I love historical books too, so this book was really up my alley!
The main character in the story is Rachel Boyd, who after loosing her husband finds herself raising two energetic (and slightly unruly at times) boys on her own. Throughout the book we share in her struggles and frustrations as she goes on with life. 
This was a fantastic read, I loved it! (And ended up sitting up half the night reading it, it was too good to put down!!)


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: