Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Lancaster County Christmas

Lancaster County Christmas, A, Suzanne Woods Fisher, 978-0-8007-1995-1

I search and snatch up any and every Suzanne Woods Fisher books I can find, she's the author I read when I was first introduced to Amish fiction, and it was love at first read!
Mattie Reihl is struggling with issues of fertility and while at a doctor's office her son befriends another woman in the waiting room. What at first seemed like a mismatch of personalities, the women (after a few unfortunate circumstances) find that they are both exactly what the other one needed! When forced to spend time together the women form a bond and a strong friendship develops. As the story goes on we're able to see both women grow in their faith (and into faith) .
With their simple faith and simple ways, I was reminded again why I love reading about the Amish so much.
I highly recommend this author and her books!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group
"

No comments: