Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Resolution for Women

I loved the book "The Love Dare" so when I had the opportunity to read a book that was written (in partnership) with the creators of "The love dare" I jumped at the chance!
The book basically (and this is a very basic description!) focuses on resolving to become "Purposefully feminine, surprisingly satisfied, and faithfully His."
I especially loved the section on being "Purposefully feminine", I'm always a bit weary of books that try to let people know how women ought to behave or live, etc... I'm not the type of person who fits into stereotypes well. Thankfully, this book is absolutely the opposite of that. It isn't telling women what they ought not be doing, but instead is giving "permission" in a way for women to be uniquely themselves. The world seems so set on forcing women to lose their femininity, that if you embrace a traditional type of lifestyle, its almost frowned upon. So I love the fact that this book is opening up the discussions to get women talking about and thinking about who exactly they are in Christ.
I know I'll be sharing about this book with our women's group, and highly recommending it to any woman!

"Book has been provided courtesy of David C Cook and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from B&H Publishing Group
".  

No comments: