Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Preacher's Bride

I have to say, at the beginning of the book I was a little unsure if I would actually like it. It took some getting used to in order to follow and flow nicely with how the characters were speaking. But Really, it was well worth it to plow on through. What a wonderful book! As I've mentioned many times on this blog, I absolutely love historical novels and especially if they are based on real happenings! It wasn't until I got to the end of the book and read the little expert there that I realized (found out) that the man Jody Hedlund wrote about was the author of "Pilgrims Progress"!! (Seriously, I totally gasped out loud when I read that, lol).
The book is based on John Costin and the pain he is living through after loosing his wife and facing persecution from the Royalists. He receives help with his children from Elizabeth Whitbread, and through a number of turns, dangers and mishaps a budding romance appears.
Seriously this book needs to be read, especially if you've read "Pilgrim's Progress" before. It'll give you such a great insight into the life of John Costin and the struggles he faced as he wrote that book!
Absolutely wonderful, I just can't say enough about this book!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.



Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

1 comment:

Jody Hedlund said...

Thank you so much for your lovely review of my book! I'm glad that you liked that it was based on a true person!

Many blessings,

Jody Hedlund