Tuesday, October 04, 2011

A Confident heart

Confident Heart, A, Renee Swope, 978-0-8007-1960-9
I usually start out these reviews for devotional/self help books by saying how I normally don't like them, but I'm thinking I may just have to eat my words, lol. The last few books I've read have been fantastic, and this book "A confident heart" was no exception!
I think in this day an age when there's so much confusion about religion and who we are in Christ that books like this are so important!
I really enjoyed reading this book, but more than that, I found myself really benefiting from the read as well. What I appreciated most I think is that the author didn't try to give a specific "formula" or mold that people needed to fit into in order to be living "God's way". I tend to have a personality that is nothing like the proverbs 31 woman, so I struggle often trying to understand how I and my personality work within my Christian walk. I loved that the author gave us the freedom to know that our personalities are God-given too, and left it open enough that there wasn't a feeling of having to assimilate in order to be "right". But also, we weren't (in the book) allowed to use that as an excuse to not move forward in our walk, or to become more like the person Christ wants us to be. I loved the concept she introduced of seeing beyond who you are to who you are becoming in Christ. How powerful!!
Again, this will be a book I'll be recommending to my women's group! I think so many will benefit from reading this book!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: