Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Out of Control

Out of Control, Mary Connealy, 978-0-7642-0911-6

While I enjoyed the book and found it quite entertaining I had a really difficult time liking one of the main characters. Julia Gilliland (The female main character) was too flippiant for me. I found her character (While was written in depth and the author gave her a form of "depth) was a little too shallow in her behavior. I know at the time that the book was set in, it was a very difficult time for women to have any form of respect and rights. So I understand the reasoning behind the characters actions. But I also found her too self-centered and flippiant about the danger she put others in, or the pain she was causing them by her wants and actions.
However like I said I really enjoyed the book still (Which I think is a great indicator of a good book. When you can dislike a character but still have a book that is entertaining and enjoyable)
It was a great book, and I would without a doubt recommend this!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: