Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and me

Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me: A Memoir of Sorts   -     
        By: Ian Cron

The book was not really what I expected, and I'm torn a bit on liking it or not. I enjoyed Cron's humour throughout the book, I think he took a really rough life situation and has used it to reach out to others, which I really respect. The part however that bothers me is how much "blame" (I don't like to use that word, but can't think of one that aptly fits) he puts on his father for his problems in adulthood. I'm a big believer that regardless of upbringing we are all responsible for our own actions and choices. And that to blame others is a cop out.
I did enjoy the book in the sense that I do like Cron's writing style and humour, its a style that I enjoy reading. I hate to say it "entertained me" just because it was a book of some one's painful memories, but I did find the writing entertaining in a sense. For that reason I probably would recommend this book to others. It was quite well written and had great flow. And again, I really enjoyed the humour of the author.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Thomas Nelson".

No comments: