Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The Colonel's lady

Colonel's Lady, The, Laura Frantz, 978-0-8007-3341-4

I love historical novels especially when they have a strong female as a lead character, so this book was right up my alley!
I've read a few other Laura Frantz novels and have enjoyed every one of them, so I had big expectations for this one as well!
The book is about Roxanna Rowan and after circumstances necessitate it for her to join her father in a remote Kentucky fort, she travels and faces danger at every turn only to find that her father has been killed. With no where else to go she is forced to remain on at the fort and find ways to keep herself and the women she travelled with busy. As she makes friends with many at the fort, she also finds herself drawn to the Colonel, who is hiding a secret that could devastate her.
I really enjoyed this book, it was well written and had a really easy style to read. The Characters in the book had a lot of depth to them, which I really appreciate And over all it was very entertaining. It didn't read like a "romance" novel but contained enough adventure and danger to make it appeal to a wide range of readers!!
I highly recommend it!!
"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: