Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Finding God in the dark

Cover Art

Doubt, its one of my horrible little secrets as a pastor's wife, that I would struggle with my faith, especially when faced with death, heartache and major disappointments. Its something we (Christians in general) don't discuss, we hide it, we don't want others to discover that there's a part of us that buried that doubts the goodness and faithfulness of God at times.
Usually when reviewing I go for my favorite type of fiction books first, but upon seeing this book and reading the description I just couldn't put it down.
This book, it changes perspectives, it releases the reader from the guilt of feeling what they've been feeling. But they don't leave it there, they help you see how to pick up the pieces of that broken faith and come back into a trust with The Creator. There's an acknowledgment of the reader having been in (or still spending time in) that dark place, but no judgment over them for being there. We're lead back to the truth and mercy of God, that He is still there, still with us, and His grace is still for us.
These authors I felt were finally giving an unashamed voice and face to the secret struggles of Christians, this is hands down, one of the Best books I have read lately. This isn't just a book for the struggling Christian either, those who are dealing with the strugglers have a valuable resource in this book.
I can't say enough good about "Finding God in the Dark", go pick up this book.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: